Renault SAS signed an agreement on the transformation of technical and tertiary skills to prepare for changes in the automotive world
Boulogne-Billancourt, 20 November 2020 – Renault Management and the representative trade union organizations CFE-CGC, CFDT, and FO signed an agreement on the transformation of technical and tertiary skills.
This agreement is the conclusion of negotiations between the social partners that began on 13 October last and is part of the Cost Reduction Plan that was announced on 28 May.
This agreement enables us to determine, on the basis of social dialogue, how to strengthen skill-sets to prepare for changes in the automotive industry, to prepare the functions the company needs today and will need tomorrow, while adapting the workforce on a volunteer basis. It responds to the three themes discussed at the five negotiation meetings with all the representative trade union organizations:
- Proposals to strengthen skills to prepare for changes in the world of the automotive industry:
- A new internal mobility policy: a more fluid and transparent internal labour market for improved employability of employees
- Training and retraining path to strengthen future skills
- Recruitment of 250 permanent strategic skills contracts in global functions in 2021 and maintenance of the level of 5% apprenticeships within the perimeter of Renault s.a.s.
- Proposals to adapt the Workforce on a voluntary basis.
- Activity exemption 2021 for all eligible Renault s.a.s. employees.
- Collective Contractual Separation (RCC): maximum number of 1,900 voluntary departures (scheme opened from December 2020 to the end of September 2021)
- Proposals to succeed in these transformations, in particular by fostering a local social dialogue within the functions
- Monitoring the implementation of the agreement in the functions and at central level
- Action plan to support change and to strengthen the listening of employees