RENAULT REVOLUTIONIZES THE VAN SEGMENT WITH THE ALL-NEW RENAULT KANGOO AND THE ALL-NEW RENAULT EXPRESS
- The All-new Renault KANGOO VAN moves upmarket with more equipment and introduces a major innovation with Easy Side Access.
- In its passenger car version, the All-new Renault KANGOO meets the needs of dynamic families and tribes with an elegant design and even more comfort.
- The All-new Renault KANGOO VAN and the All-new KANGOO will also be available in an electric version.
- The All-new Renault EXPRESS VAN meets the needs of customers looking for the best price/performance ratio and offers the most storage in its category.
- In its passenger car version, sold outside Europe, the All-new Renault EXPRESS is versatile with five real seats and a large loading volume.
Boulogne-Billancourt, November 12th, 2020. To meet all its customers’ needs, Renault is unveiling the All-new Kangoo and the All-new Express, each available in both LCV and passenger car versions. This complementary range of four vehicles will be presented and marketed from spring 2021.
Renault is once again revolutionizing the van and combispace segment with the All-new Kangoo and the All-new Express. These new complementary models meet the diverse needs of professionals and individuals. With over 4 million units sold since 1997, Kangoo is an iconic vehicle. Renault creates a surprise with the Easy Side Access innovation on the All-new Kangoo Van to facilitate side loading. The All-new Kangoo Van and Kangoo will both be offered in an electric version, to meet the challenges of urban mobility.
Mark Sutcliffe, SVP, Alliance LCV Business Unit.
The All-new Kangoo Van, the innovative van with an athletic and dynamic style, is mainly aimed at fleets, craftsmen and traders, in search of a tailor-made vehicle for professionals, equipped with the latest technologies.
With its major innovation Easy Side Access and Easy Inside Rack, the All-new Kangoo Van revolutionizes loading and access:
- Easy Side Access: Particularly convenient in city centres, this innovation allows customers to easily access their loads, regardless of parking constraints. By erasing the central pillar, the All-new Kangoo Van offers the widest side access on the market with 1,416 mm (twice the size of its previous version).
- Easy Inside Rack: This retractable interior gallery is another innovation that allows long and voluminous objects to be transported high, freeing up floor space.
The All-new Kangoo Van stands out with a more muscular exterior design. The front end has been completely redesigned with a chrome line between the grille and the front bumper. Featuring sculpted sides and marked shoulders, the All-new Kangoo Van goes upmarket thanks to its sophisticated finishes and chrome inserts. Its brand-new interior offers a horizontal dashboard with numerous storage spaces. The new, completely redesigned, seats bring more comfort and durability.
The All-new Kangoo Van features the Renault EASY LINK multimedia system and new driving aids including the Permanent Rear View digital interior mirror. This new approved system provides excellent rear visibility, convenient on bulkhead vehicles. Other new features include Trailer Swing Assist, Brake Stability Control and AEBS Advanced Emergency Active Braking.
The All-new Kangoo Van offers an unrivalled variety of body sizes and engines. It will be available in two lengths and offered, with manual and automatic transmission, in diesel, petrol and electric versions. Its useful volume ranges from 3.3 to 3.9 m³ in the standard version and from 4.2 to 4.9 m³ in the long version.
The All-new Kangoo, an elegant and spacious combispace with five real seats, perfectly meets the needs of dynamic families and tribes with a redesigned look, more comfort and equipment and new driving aids. It retains all its clever modular features, which are also popular with professional customers (administrations, local authorities and associations).
The All-new Kangoo Van and the All-new Kangoo will be produced in the Renault’s Maubeuge factory in France. They will be marketed in Europe and on international markets.*
The All-new Express Van, the practical and efficient van, is intended for young entrepreneurs and small fleets, looking for the best price/benefit ratio, meeting their basic needs.
The All-new Express Van displays the Renault brand’s stylistic codes, expressing robustness and modernity. Equipped with reinforced seats, the new interior brings quality and comfort on board. Particular attention has been paid to storage spaces and ergonomics. It offers the best storage level in its category (48 litres) and a loading volume from 3.3 to 3.7 m³.
The All-new Express Van features Renault EASY LINK multimedia system and is equipped with driving aids such as the Rear-View Assist, Blind Spot Warning, Front & Rear Park Assist without forgetting the Wide View Mirror.
The All-new Express, the versatile and economical combispace, offers five real seats and a large load volume. It is aimed at entrepreneurs for mixed use (professional and family) but also at craftsmen and tradesmen.
The All-new Express Van and the All-new Express will be produced in the Renault factory in Tangier, Morocco.
The All-new Express Van will be marketed in Europe and on international markets.*
The All-new Express will be marketed on international markets*, outside Europe.
The All-new Kangoo Van and The All-new Express Van: the strength of Renault Pro+ for professionals
- As an expert in the LCV market for more than 120 years, Renault puts all its know-how at the service of professionals by offering, with the Renault Pro+ brand, customised LCVs and services and a dedicated network of 650 outlets worldwide.
- Renault has been the European leader in vans and minivans since 1998 for the 21st consecutive year.
- Renault is also the pioneer and leader in electric LCVs in Europe for the 9th consecutive year, with nearly one in two electric LCV sold. Since 2011, Kangoo Z.E. is the best-selling electric LCV in Europe with more than 50,000 Kangoo Z.E. sold to date.
- Renault will electrify its entire range of vans and minivans by 2022.
* The countries of international markets will be specified in early 2021.