HYVIA unveils its first hydrogen prototypes
- HYVIA unveils Renault Master Van H2-TECH prototype
- Zero CO2 emissions*, increased range, and fast refuelling time.
- A large van for transporting goods, with 12m3 of cargo volume and a range of up to 500km, available in 2022.
- Equipped with a 30kW fuel cell that will be assembled in France by the end the year.
- Vehicle, e-motor and hydrogen integration are also made in France.
- HYVIA unveils its Hydrogen Refuelling Station prototype
- To offer customer convenient refueling options where public hydrogen infrastructure is still in development
- Fast refuelling time, simple and safe to use.
- Assembly in France by the end of the year.
- These prototypes are a first illustration of the unique and complete HYVIA ecosystem including green hydrogen production and distribution, with a range of fuel cell-powered light commercial vehicles.
- Meet HYVIA at Hyvolution tradeshow in Paris on Oct 27,28.
I am proud to unveil our first hydrogen prototypes. HYVIA, it’s about hydrogen mobility solutions for a tailor-made offer to our customers to meet the challenges of hydrogen mobility. HYVIA will be able to deploy its entire ecosystem in all territories and professional fleets for a carbon-free mobility. HYVIA is moving fast, bringing together the strengths and skills of two leaders: Renault Group & Plug Power.
David Holderbach, CEO HYVIA
Renault Master Van H2-TECH prototype
- Master Van H2-TECH enables zero CO2 emissions*, increased range, and fast refueling time.
- It is a large van for transporting goods and packages, with 12m3 of cargo volume and a range of up to 500km, available in 2022. It will meet the needs of businesses, large accounts, fleets, and local communities. Today, hydrogen mobility is particularly meaningful for Light Commercial Vehicles: perfect to extend autonomy for high loads and intensive use.
- Master Van H2-TECH is equipped with a 30kW fuel cell, a 33kWh battery and tanks containing 6kg of hydrogen (4 tanks of 1,5 kg).
- Made in France:
- Master Van is produced in France, at Batilly plant.
- Electric and hydrogen integration is realized by PVI, a Renault Group subsidiary in Gretz-Armainvilliers.
- e-motor is produced at Cleon plant.
- Fuel cell assembly will begin at Flins plant by the end of the year.
- The hydrogen tanks will be sourced in France, from Faurecia.
Hydrogen Refueling Station prototype
- HYVIA’s Hydrogen Refueling Station allows fast fueling time: 5 minutes, as simple as thermic, to maximize vehicle availability.
- The way this station operate is simple:
- Hydrogen supplied will either be generated on-site using water electrolysis or supplied in bulk using gaseous tube trailers.
- The system compresses H2 into storage, before dispensing it into the vehicle when needed.
And it’s all about safety: our systems are designed to meet all regulations and best practices.
- HYVIA’s Hydrogen Refuelling Stations will be available to purchase, lease or rent.
- They will be assembled in France, at Flins factory.
Unique and complete HYVIA ecosystem
These prototypes are a first illustration of the HYVIA ecosystem including green hydrogen production (electrolyzers) and distribution (Hydrogen refuelling Station), with a range of fuel cell-powered light commercial vehicles (Van, Chassis Cab and Citybus), complementary to battery electric vehicles.
Next prototypes to come:
- Master Chassis Cab H2-TECH: a large van with even more cargo space (19m3) and a range of about 250km.
- Master Citybus H2-TECH: an urban minibus that can carry up to 15 passengers, ideal for businesses, municipalities, and local public services, with a range of about 300km.
* When driving, neither CO2 nor other regulated air pollutants, in accordance with the WLTP certification.
“HY” for hydrogen, “VIA” for road: HYVIA paves a new way forward for carbon-free mobility, with hydrogen mobility solutions. Created in June 2021, HYVIA is a joint venture equally owned by Renault Group, a dominant player in the automotive industry, and Plug Power, a world leader in turnkey hydrogen and fuel cell solutions. Based in France, for European markets, HYVIA offers a complete and unique ecosystem that includes light commercial vehicles with fuel cells, hydrogen refueling stations, supply of carbon-free hydrogen, services for financing and maintenance of fleets.
Renault Group is at the forefront of a mobility that is reinventing itself. Strengthened by its alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors, and its unique expertise in electrification, Renault Group comprises 5 complementary brands - Renault, Dacia, LADA, Alpine and Mobilize - offering sustainable and innovative mobility solutions to its customers. Established in more than 130 countries, the Group has sold 2.9 million vehicles in 2020. It employs more than 170,000 people who embody its Purpose every day, so that mobility brings people closer. Ready to pursue challenges both on the road and in competition, Renault Group is committed to an ambitious transformation that will generate value. This is centred on the development of new technologies and services, and a new range of even more competitive, balanced and electrified vehicles. In line with environmental challenges, the Group’s ambition is to achieve carbon neutrality in Europe by 2040.
Plug Power is building the hydrogen economy as a global leading provider of comprehensive hydrogen fuel cell turnkey solutions. Plug Power has deployed over 50,000 fuel cell systems, designed, and built 110 refueling stations that dispense more than 40 tons of hydrogen daily, and is a technology leader in green hydrogen solutions via electrolysis. Present in Europe for more than 10 years, Plug Power has significant references in hydrogen mobility with key European industrials, logistics customers and vehicle manufacturers. Plug Power installed several PEM technology electrolyzers in Germany, France, The Netherlands, and Portugal. The company has deployed more fuel cell systems for electromobility than anyone else in the world.