Groupe Renault and Ferrovial launch ZITY in Paris, the electric carsharing service as flexible as you are
- ZITY is a 100% electric car-sharing service in free-floating.
- In March, 500 Renault ZOE will be available for hire, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with the guarantee of a balanced distribution throughout Paris.
- ZITY meets the needs of city dwellers for freedom and flexibility in their journeys, with pricing adapted to their needs.
Boulogne-Billancourt, February 25th, 2020 – Groupe Renault and Ferrovial are about to launch a ZITY free-floating car-sharing service in Paris.
In March 2020, a fleet of 500 100% electric Renault ZOE cars equipped with ZITY technology will be made available to Parisians on a self-service basis. This is a particularly flexible and adapted offer that responds to a strong trend: 20% of the capital's inhabitants use car-sharing.
This launch in Paris is a new step in the partnership between Groupe Renault, a pioneer of electric vehicles in Europe and Ferrovial, one of the world's leading infrastructure operators and urban service providers, which began successfully in 2017 with ZITY, an electric vehicle car-sharing service in Madrid.
The ZITY electric car-sharing service in free-floating offer has many advantages, including flexible booking times and the availability of vehicles, in the right place at the right time, thanks to a high-performance application. With a cleaner, accessible and sustainable mobility offer, ZITY also provides a response to the needs of cities to reduce CO2 emissions and to combat pollution.
Gilles Normand, SVP, Electric Vehicles & Mobility Services, Groupe Renault.
This strategic partnership with Renault is the evolution of ZITY’s success in Madrid. We are pleased to continue our collaboration bringing the experience and technology developed. It has been key for the user’s acceptance. Providing sustainable mobility solutions to citizens is a priority in the battle against climate change challenges.
Ignacio Madridejos, CEO of Ferrovial.
The next steps in the development of the partnership between Groupe Renault and Ferrovial are subject to authorization from the European Commission in the area of merger control.
ELECTRIC CARS AVAILABLE 24/7
By proposing electric Renault ZOE in free-floating, on a 24/7 basis, ZITY responds to spontaneous travel needs by offering flexibility close to that of owning a private vehicle.
Thanks to a mobile application, users can view the vehicle closest to their position on a map at any time of the day or night.
- The cars offer 5 real seats and are equipped with reverse camera, proximity sensors, GPS, touch screen and cruise control.
- Child seats are present in some vehicles and those equipped with them can be immediately viewed via the mobile application.
The reservation is instantaneous, and the vehicle unlocks via the application.
To end the rental, the vehicle must be parked in Paris, on any public sparking space above ground and locked. The operation takes a few seconds.
AN OFFER ADAPTED TO USES
ZITY is a car-sharing service, which rents electric cars per minute. The cars are distributed all over the city on normal parking places. Customers can access easily to the cars through a simple App, to be downloaded for free.
Car-sharing must allow access to a vehicle quickly and without necessarily planning the duration of its use or the final destination of the trip. ZITY meets this need for flexibility and freedom by offering:
- Competitive rates adapted to needs: With no registration or subscription fees, ZITY offers different rates: per minute, fixed time (4h, 8h, 24h) or time credit with "economy packs". Thanks to the "stand-by" option, ZITY also makes it possible to keep the vehicle at a preferential cost when you need to park for a short time.
- A guaranteed battery level: The technology on board the Renault ZOE ZITY enables all the information on the dashboard, including the battery level, to be displayed in real time. Below the minimum level required, the vehicle is no longer available for hire and is quickly taken in hand by the ZITY teams to recharge it.
- Vehicle availability and intelligent positioning: As well as offering great freedom of movement within and outside the area covered by the service (inner Paris area and Clichy), the high level of autonomy of the ZOE batteries means less frequent recharging and therefore more vehicles available on the streets.
In addition, thanks to a highly competitive computer platform and an algorithm that analyses vehicle use, hour by hour and day by day, ZITY can identify the areas where the car-sharing demand is highest. They can thus intelligently reposition vehicles in the city after servicing, guaranteeing users can easily find a vehicle.
TOWARDS INTERNATIONAL EXPANSION
After Madrid in 2017 and this launch in Paris, the service could be extended to other cities in the coming years, to make ZITY "the" electric car-sharing service of reference.
About Groupe Renault
Groupe Renault has manufactured cars since 1898. Today it is an international multi-brand group, selling close to 3.8 million vehicles in 134 countries in 2019, with 40 manufacturing sites, 12,700 points of sales and employing more than 180,000 people. To address the major technological challenges of the future, while continuing to pursue its profitable growth strategy, Groupe Renault is focusing on international expansion. To this end, it is drawing on the synergies of its five brands (Renault, Dacia, Renault Samsung Motors, Alpine and LADA), electric vehicles, and its unique alliance with Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors. With a 100% Renault owned team committed to the Formula 1 World Championship since 2016, the brand is involved in motorsports, a real vector for innovation and awareness.
Ferrovial is one of the world’s leading infrastructure operators, committed to developing sustainable solutions. It is a member of Spain’s blue-chip IBEX 35 index and is also included in the Dow Jones Sustainability Index and FTSE4Good; all its operations are conducted in compliance with the UN Global Compact, which the company adopted in 2002.
ZITY is a car-sharing service in free-floating with 725 Renault ZOE in Madrid, Spain within the framework of a joint-venture between Renault and Ferrovial, launched in December 2017.
Rapport du Ministère de la Transition écologique et solidaire, September 15th, 2017