The World Environment Day celebrates its 42 nd anniversary on June 5, 2014. This event is an opportunity for Renault to draw attention to its commitment and achievements in cutting its carbon footprint and contributing to efforts to prevent global warming:
- By reaching its target of cutting its global footprint per vehicle by 10% between 2010 and 2013.
- By confirming its position as European leader with respect to the average CO2 emissions of its vehicles in 2013.
- By cutting greenhouse gas emissions at other stages in the life cycle of its products:
- Through internal management, from design to production, via support functions.
- By working with suppliers and recycling players to gradually include more recycled materials and so to avoid emissions linked to extraction and production
To better understand the progress and successes of Renault’s environmental policy, conducted across all business functions over almost past twenty years, see the full press kit by clicking here